Community Benefit Grant and Sponsorship Requests
The University of Chicago Medicine is committed to improving the health of residents on the South Side of Chicago as outlined in our Community Health Needs Assessment and Strategic Implementation Plan. In addition to providing advanced medical care, research and medical education, UChicago Medicine collaborates with organizations that are committed to making a difference in their communities. We believe that partnering with like-minded organizations that share our vision and values is one way to work collaboratively to positively impact change in our community. As part of this commitment, UChicago Medicine offers community benefit grant and the sponsorship opportunities.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
A grant extends financial support to local not-for-profit, community-based organizations to provide health-related services and programming for at risk and underserved populations. UChicago Medicine supports programs that focus on community health education and wellness, access to primary and specialty care, community-based health support services and social determinants of health that are aligned with the strategic health priorities.
UChicago Medicine offers two types of grant opportunities that are described below. Information sessions may be held prior to each grant due date. Please check back on the web site periodically for any noted information sessions.
- Small Grant: These opportunities are targeted for organizations to apply for funding that does not exceed $10,000 in a grant year cycle. Each grant focus should be on any of the five UChicago Medicine health priority areas as well as the two additional health areas of injury and violence prevention and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Large Grant Collaboration with UChicago Medicine and the Institute of Translational Medicine (ITM): These opportunities are targeted for organizations to apply for funding that does not exceed $50,000 in a grant year cycle. Each grant would have a specific UChicago Medicine health priority area focus to ensure that each priority area receives attention. The current large grant cycle focuses on pediatric obesity and adult diabetes. Deadlines are based on the area of focus.
Read more about the community benefit grant application, eligibility and reporting requirements:
Large Grant Resources
Small Grant Resources
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Program Eligibility and Overview (PDF)
- Application (DOC)
- External Report (PDF)
- Internal Report (PDF)
A sponsorship is funding provided by the medical center to support an event or fundraiser. Examples include, but are not limited to, galas, health fairs, and awards celebrations. Priority consideration is given to organizations committed to work that align with our strategic health priorities.
Read more about the community benefit sponsorship application and eligibility requirements:
If you would like to submit a grant or sponsorship application, please review the submission deadlines:
Grant and Sponsorship Submission Due Dates
Grant and sponsorship applications are reviewed at the designated deadlines noted below. Proposed program start dates must occur at least 30 days after the deadlines noted below.
|Grant and Sponsorship Submission Due Dates:|
September 2015 -- March 2016
|Small Grant||Sponsorship||Large Grant (RFP)|
Child obesity: Nov. 20
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Strategic Implementation Plan
- Grant and Sponsorship Requests