Dr. Selwyn Rogers to head UChicago Medicine's adult trauma center
January 12, 2017
Dr. Selwyn O. Rogers Jr., a top surgeon and public health expert with 16 years of trauma care experience, will lead the University of Chicago Medicine's development of the South Side's only Level 1 adult trauma center, scheduled to open in 2018. He joined the organization on Jan. 5, 2017.
University of Chicago Medicine announces inaugural Community Advisory Council
October 7, 2016
The University of Chicago Medicine announced the creation of its inaugural community advisory council. The CAC will seek community input on health issues of importance to its primary service area and surrounding communities.
Violence rises to top in South Side health needs assessment
Chicago Sun Times
June 21, 2016
Brenda Battle, RN, MBA, vice president of care delivery innovation and chief diversity officer, is featured in this article about the medical center's 2015 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) report.
Read about our community programs, grants and impact in the news:
- Comer Children's doctor, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin call for federal research funding into gun violence
- Physicians named among Chicago's 'Top Doctors'
- University of Chicago Medicine to provide data integration expertise to Community Health Peer Learning Program
- Center for Asian Health Equity tackles disparities in Chicago
- New study finds nearly half of American Muslim doctors feel scrutinized on the job
- A brand new life after fibroid surgery
- New pediatric mobile medical unit breaks down barriers to quality care for kids
- University of Chicago researchers and leaders of community organizations 'speed date' to address adult diabetes and childhood obesity
- Screening mammograms: Choose your guidelines
- Loop Capital commits $1 million to University of Chicago Medicine's Community Health Workers Program
- The Bridgeport Free Clinic