The University of Chicago Medicine endocrine surgeons have a long history of excellence in the surgical treatment of disorders thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands and diseases of the endocrine pancreas.
- Our surgeons are highly skilled in treating both common and rare conditions of the endocrine system.
- We specialize in minimally invasive surgery, a surgical approach performed through small incisions that typically results in a faster recovery and less scarring when compared to open surgical procedures.
- Our endocrine surgery team cares for patients of all ages, from young children to older adults.
- Genetic counseling is available from a genetic counselor who focuses on all types of endocrine disorders.
A board-certified surgeon who specializes in endocrine surgery offers adult and pediatric outpatient care at the University of Chicago Physicians at Matteson. Pre- and post-surgical consultations are available for the surgical treatment of a wide range of benign and cancerous conditions, including the following:
- Thyroid disease: Thyroid cancer, thyroid nodules, goiter, hyperthyroidism, Graves' disease
- Parathyroid disease: Primary, secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid cancer
- Adrenal disease: All types of adrenal tumors, including pheochromocytomas, aldosteronomas, cortisol-secreting tumors as well as adrenal cortical cancers and metastatic tumors in the adrenal gland
- Tumors of the endocrine pancreas (islet cell tumors): Insulinomas, gastrinomas, glucagonomas and VIPomas