Patients who visit our Matteson facility for general surgery consultations have access to the expertise of general surgeons who are truly at the forefront of medicine. University of Chicago general surgeons use minimally invasive techniques and other advanced procedures to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, offering solutions not commonly available elsewhere.
University of Chicago Physicians at Matteson offer outpatient consultations (including diagnostic procedures and X-ray services) and post-surgical follow-up care for the following conditions, and more:
- Endocrine disorders, including thyroid and parathyroid conditions, adrenal tumors and tumors of the endocrine pancreas
- Gallbladder conditions, gallstones and related complications
- Disorders of the pancreas and spleen
- Obesity that is treatable with bariatric surgery procedures including including Roux-en Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding (Lap-Band®), biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch and vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
Pediatric general surgery outpatient care is also available at the University of Chicago Physicians at Matteson practice.