Trauma Care on the South Side
New Level 1 adult trauma center planned for Chicago’s South Side communities
Sinai Health System and the University of Chicago Medicine partner to provide trauma care services at Holy Cross Hospital
September 11, 2015
In a move to create a more comprehensive system of needed trauma and emergency care for Chicago’s South and Southwest side communities, Sinai Health System and the University of Chicago Medicine are partnering to build and operate a Level 1 adult trauma center and to expand emergency services.
The UChicago Medicine and Sinai Health System new joint Level 1 adult trauma center will be at Holy Cross Hospital, part of the Sinai Health System. Holy Cross, at 68th Street and California Avenue, is near some of the highest incidence of trauma injury and gun violence in the city.
For More Information
- The Roller Coaster Supply of Burn and Trauma Care
- Suburban Hospital's Offer to Treat Chicago Trauma Victims Gets Cool Reception
- Emergency Medical Services Intervals and Survival in Trauma (PDF)
- A Growing Crisis in Patient Access to Emergency Surgical Care (PDF)
- Access to Trauma Centers in the United States (PDF)