Otolaryngology is the medical specialty that focuses on disorders in the ear, nose, and throat.
Although many of us think of hearing loss, sinus problems, or ear infections when we think of otolaryngology, it encompasses much more.
Otolaryngology and its allied services provide care for a wide range of disorders, including hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech and language.
Otolaryngologists also manage the treatment of head and neck cancers, as well as perform reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery.
- Topic Index
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Facts
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
- Hearing Disorders
- Balance Disorders
- Smell and Taste Disorders (Chemosensory Disorders)
- Speech and Voice Disorders
- Language Disorders
- Vocal Cord Disorders
- Other Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
- Laryngeal Cancer (Cancer of the Larynx)
- Hearing and Speech Communication Services and Devices
- Online Resources