Preventing Unintentional Injuries
Many nontraumatic situations or conditions may occur and need to be handled properly. Being prepared and knowing how to react ahead of time could prevent a situation from becoming an emergency. And learning how to respond to conditions and illnesses properly could make the difference between a potentially fatal outcome and a treatable, manageable situation.
Listed in the directory below you will find some additional information regarding preventing unintentional injuries, for which we have provided a brief overview.
If you cannot find the information in which you are interested, please visit the Nontraumatic Emergencies Online Resources page in this website for an Internet address that may contain additional information on that topic.
- Preventing Unintentional Injuries Overview
- Vital Signs (Body Temperature, Pulse Rate, Respiration Rate, Blood Pressure)
- When to Call For Help
- Emergency Information Form
- Household Safety Checklist
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Choking and the Heimlich Maneuver
- First-Aid Kit
- Bicycle / In-line Skating / Skateboarding Safety
- Car Safety
- Fire Safety
- Water Safety
- Sports Safety
- Preventing Falls
- Firearms Safety
- Sun Safety