Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program: Benefits and Stipends
University of Chicago GME Stipends and Compensation 2015-2016 Academic Year
PGY1 - $52,303
PGY2 - $54,679
PGY3 - $56,677
PGY4 - $59,290
PGY5 - $61,573
PGY6 - $64,077
PGY7 - $66,748
- Residents may choose from one of three health plans; the current cost for these plans varies from $0 to $105.30 per month for single coverage and from $124.89 to $192.17 per month for family coverage.
- $20,000 of life insurance coverage is provided free of charge.
- Optional dental insurance is available.
- Long-term disability that provides up to 60% of monthly salary after 90 days in the event of disability is optional.
- Professional liability insurance for all program sponsored activities
- 50% tuition remission for residents and same sex partners/spouses enrolled for courses at the University of Chicago
- 50% tuition benefits for children at the Laboratory School
- Four weeks vacation per year with pay
- 5 days of paid sick leave per year
- Reduced parking rate
In addition, the hospital provides lab coats, scrub suits, and pagers.