Continuing Nursing Education, Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Nursing Grand Rounds is an educational opportunity for nurses to advance evidence-based practice and research. The goals of the University of Chicago Medicine Nursing Grand Rounds program are to:
- Promote the integration of research and evidence-based practice guidelines into everyday nursing practice
- Highlight innovations and trends in health care delivery
- Explore professional and practice issues
- Introduce new knowledge and new technology to nurses
- Promote the linkage between local practice to regional and national levels
Each nursing grand round offers one hour of continuing education credit.
Please email Rhonda H. Blender, MSN, RN-BC, for upcoming dates.
Nursing Grand Rounds are held at the following location, unless otherwise noted.
The University of Chicago Medicine
5839 S. Maryland Avenue
Back to top
Online Educational Meetings
The University of Chicago Infection Prevention Outreach team offers monthly educational online meetings for nurses in the Chicagoland area. The hour-long meetings consist of a presentation by University of Chicago faculty, followed by a discussion amongst the nurses. In addition to encouraging collaboration, these educational web meetings help to standardize care for school-age children.
Each meeting offers one hour of continuing education credit.
» For more information, or to participate, please contact Heather Limper, MPH.
Back to top