Teams of Internationally Recognized Cancer Experts
Our physicians have earned national and international honors. For example:
- Five University of Chicago cancer specialists are members of the distinguished Institute of Medicine.
- Four of our oncologists have served as president of the American Society for Clinical Oncology, the leading cancer care society.
- One surgical oncologist is the immediate past president of the Society for Surgical Oncology, the premier organization for surgeons dedicated to advancing and promoting the science and treatment of cancer.
- University of Chicago cancer specialists have received, among other honors, the National Medal of Science, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Lasker Award, the MacArthur "genius grant," and the Nobel Prize.
- More University of Chicago oncologists are named to Chicago magazine's list of Top Doctors than from any other hospital in the region
If you have cancer, it's important to go where the experts are -- right from the start.
The University of Chicago Medicine understands the importance of working together. Here, our specialists work in teams to collaborate and discuss each patient’s case, and to provide a personalized, multidisciplinary approach to care. What sets our cancer teams apart is the depth and breadth of the specialists' expertise. Each team includes not one, but many nationally recognized experts--physicians at the forefront of new cancer discoveries.
Discover for Yourself
This short list of accomplishments is just a sample. Read our physician profiles. You’ll see other awards, accolades, and the many high-profile national positions held by our physicians.
Above all, our commitment to exceptional, compassionate cancer care is best revealed through our many inspirational patient stories of healing and hope.