University of Chicago Medicine skin specialists offer the latest treatments to help you look your best. We provide solutions for aging skin, as well as treatments for hair loss, unsightly leg veins, acne scars and other cosmetic concerns.
Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Pulsed dye laser therapy, which destroys abnormal blood vessels and can reduce the appearance of spider veins, rosacea, some birthmarks and other skin conditions
- Fractional laser resurfacing for skin rejuvenation. This treatment can diminish wrinkles, reduce acne scars and promote a younger appearance by stimulating the skin to make more collagen. It also can be used to treat a variety of medical conditions. It results in less pain and a quicker recovery than other types of skin rejuvenation.
- Botox® injections to improve the appearance of wrinkles
- Fillers to help restore lost volume in the face and hands
- Peels to improve the texture and appearance of skin
- Removal of spider veins, freckles and age spots using the latest laser technology.
- Conservative treatments to reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes and other concerns that once required surgical correction
Expertise with Ethnic Skin
Unlike some other centers, our team has extensive experience treating all skin types, including darker skin. We recognize that these patients may be more prone to certain skin conditions, such as vitiligo and keloid scars. They also may require a specialized treatment approach. Our team is skilled in performing laser hair removal, laser resurfacing and other light therapies on darker-skinned patients.