How can I request an appointment with a gastrointestinal disease specialist?
If you would like to make an appointment, call us at (773) 702-6140.
To speed up the appointment process, please gather the following information before you call:
- Your contact information including home address, email address, and phone numbers (home, cell, work)
- Current diagnosis information and information on any treatment you’ve already received. If you are making an appointment for cancer care, we will ask for the primary cancer site, cell type, and location(s) to which the cancer has spread.
- Your referring physician’s information including name, address, and phone number
- Your primary care physician’s information (if it’s different from your referring physician’s information) including name, address, and phone number
- The last name of any specialist you’ve seen (if that specialist is different from either your primary care physician or referring physician)
- Your health insurance information including name on the policy, employer of policy holder, policy number, birthdate of policy holder, insurance subscriber ID and your insurance company’s customer service/provider inquiry phone number
- Your Social Security Number and date of birth
Please bring your records with you on the day of your appointment. DO NOT have your records faxed or mailed by the MD.
Secondly, please bring color copies of any photographs taken during endoscopy or colonoscopy. Xeroxed pictures of a colonoscopy are not acceptable and may cause delays.
It is best to call for an appointment, because we often need to ask specific questions about the patient’s illness in order to identify the most appropriate specialist(s) for care.
For international patients:
We offer special services to assist patients traveling from other countries. For more information, contact the Center for International Patients.
For referring physicians:
Physicians, learn how to request patient referrals and consultations.