University of Chicago Center for Aortic Diseases (UCCAD)
For decades, the University of Chicago Medicine has specialized in the care and management of patients with all types of aortic disease. To ensure a rapid and coordinated response as well as the delivery of outstanding care for these patients, we have created the University of Chicago Center for Aortic Diseases (UCCAD).
UCCAD consists of a multidisciplinary team of cardiac and vascular surgeons, endovascular specialists, cardiovascular anesthesiologists, cardiologists, vascular radiologists, nurse practitioners and social workers. UCCAD offers state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and cutting edge intervention with compassionate care for the following aortic conditions:
- Ascending, arch and descending thoracic aneurysms
- Thoraco-abdominal aneurysms
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Acute and chronic type A and B aortic dissection
- Aortic root and valve disease
- Native aortic and prosthetic graft infections
- Thoracic/aortoiliac occlusive and thrombo-embolic disease
- Congenital aortic disease
- Aortic, mesenteric and renal aneurysmal and occlusive disease
Advanced Treatment Options
We offer the following innovative and minimally invasive interventions to greatly reduce patient mortality and morbidity:
- Endovascular stent grafts
- Catheter-based interventional treatment of aortic dissections
- Valve-sparing aortic procedures
- Techniques for brain and spinal cord protection for aortic procedures
- Visceral debranching and stent grafting for thoraco-abdominal aneurysms
We are experienced in treating patients who are otherwise considered at increased risk due to co-existing conditions and other factors, and for those requiring complex aortic re-interventions.
Our team is also highly skilled in caring for patients with Marfan syndrome and other congenital conditions that require careful monitoring and treatment planning. Specific strategies are available for Jehovah’s Witnesses to reduce the need for blood transfusions.
Patients: Call 1-888-824-0200 or request an appointment online. We are committed to providing you with an appointment within five business days of your call. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact our experts.
Referring Physicians: Call 1-800-824-2282 for physician-to-physician contact. Our team is available 24/7 to coordinate urgent, emergent and elective transfers at the local, regional, national and international levels.
Visit the University of Chicago Center for Aortic Diseases (UCCAD) website to learn more about the diagnosis and treatment of complex aortic diseases.