Each of the more than 5,000 people who work at the University of Chicago Medicine shares a common mission: to provide superior healthcare in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality.
We all play a vital role in the care of our patients -- from the more than 600 doctors on the faculty of the University of Chicago to the support staff who will help coordinate your care.
All of our international patients are assigned a personal liaison before they arrive at the University of Chicago Medicine. Your liaison will work closely with physicians and clinical staff to coordinate your medical and travel arrangements, including the following:
- Arranging for interpreters and translation of medical records
- Securing medical transportation
- Scheduling appointments
- Facilitating admissions
- Arranging religious or cultural services
The staff at the International Programs is committed to making your stay at our medical center -- and in our city -- a first-class experience.
Many Languages Spoken Here--from Arabic to Urdu
Many of our doctors are from other countries or speak several languages. For example:
- Several of our doctors speak Arabic.
- Many of our doctors speak Chinese, Filipino, or other Asian languages.
- More than 30 of our doctors speak French.
- Several of our doctors speak Hindi, and few speak Tamil.
- More than 60 of our doctors speak Spanish.