The mission of the Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics is "to advance patient care through endoscopic discovery and innovation." Our highly trained, expert physicians and nurses live our mission every day through research, education, and collaboration with experts in surgery, oncology, pathology, radiology, and radiation oncology at weekly multidisciplinary conferences.
The interventional endoscopy team is regionally and internationally known for our expertise, in part because:
- Every physician on the team is senior faculty.
- We perform highly specialized procedures that aren't widely available elsewhere.
- We publish over a dozen peer-reviewed manuscripts per year.
We know that learning never stops when you're in medicine. So we focus on offering learning opportunities within the department. For example:
- We offer multiple continuing medical education (CME) courses throughout the year. Our CME activities include live case demonstrations and hands-on workshops.
- We offer interventional endoscopy fellowships.