For Referring Physicians
Our team partners with referring physicians to make sure every patient receives the best, most expedient care possible. When you refer a patient to us, we will collaborate with you to develop an individualized treatment plan. To refer a patient, please call (773) 702-1459. Please fax the completed referral form, below, and all relevant documentation to (773) 834-8891.
» Referral Form for CERT procedure (PDF)
» ICD9 List (PDF)
A Valued Partnership
We value your partnership. Our physicians will keep you informed about your patient's care and our nurse coordinators will serve as navigators to make the entire process as smooth and easy as possible.
Here's what you and your patients can expect after a referral to the University of Chicago Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics (CERT):
- Our staff is available 24/7 to take your call.
- Appointments are available quickly, with the average wait time around 24 to 48 hours. It may be up to one week, depending on urgency and the patient's schedule.
- As of Nov. 1, 2014, CERT is open on Saturdays.
- We will talk with your patient about procedure preparation and will send written instructions as well.
- After the procedure, the physician will call you and discuss results and how we will return your patient to your care.