Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine
When injury or illness affects the musculoskeletal system, the experienced and skilled orthopaedic team at the University of Chicago Medicine offers the full spectrum of nonsurgical and surgical care. As recognized leaders and pioneers in orthopaedic medicine, we attract patients with complex musculoskeletal needs from throughout the region. Continually striving to improve orthopaedic care, we actively research and develop new treatments, surgical techniques and devices for the field.
Focused Orthopaedic Care, Team Approach
The musculoskeletal system is the arrangement of bones, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments that protects your organs, shapes and supports your body, and is critical to all movement. Some of our orthopaedic surgeons concentrate on specific areas of the musculoskeletal system, such as the knee, hip or hand. Others focus on orthopaedic services within trauma care, sports medicine or pediatrics. These specializations give patients access to surgeons who are highly experienced in the latest treatments and techniques for virtually every orthopaedic condition.
Orthopaedic surgeons at the University of Chicago Medicine work on a multidisciplinary team that also includes primary care sports medicine specialists, physiatrists, physical and occupational therapists and advanced practice nurses -- all working together on prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for orthopaedic concerns and conditions.
Comprehensive and Prompt Service
We provide high quality, comprehensive care to children and adults. We are committed to seeing patients quickly and we offer same-day access for certain conditions.
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer -- Integrated team approach for adults and children with benign and malignant musculoskeletal tumors, such as synovial sarcomas, osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma.
- Bone Health and Fragility -- Guidance for improving bone health and treatment for broken bones related to osteoporosis (fragility fractures)
- Foot and Ankle -- Diagnosis and treatment for foot and ankle problems and injuries from the common to the complex
- Fractures -- Non-surgical and surgical care for fractures and for broken bones that do not heal (non-unions) or heal incorrectly (malunions)
- Hand and Wrist - Advanced treatment for conditions of the hand and wrist including complex reconstruction
- Hip -- The full range of hip care including hip preservation for younger adults, arthroscopy, hip resurfacing, less invasive hip replacement and rapid recovery program
- Knee -- Comprehensive treatment for knee injuries and knee pain that includes arthroscopic care, ligament reconstruction, cartilage restoration, less invasive joint replacement and rapid recovery program
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Care -- Non-surgical and surgical care for spinal disorders, hip diseases, neuromuscular conditions, birth defects, trauma, growth plate disturbances, benign bone tumors and club feet
- Shoulder and Elbow -- Muscle and tendon injury treatment, fracture care, shoulder repair and replacement, and complex reconstruction
- Spine Care -- Non-surgical, minimally invasive and traditional surgical interventions for reducing pain and restoring function
- Sports Medicine -- Injury prevention as well as rehabilitative and comprehensive surgical care for sports-related conditions in any part of the body in teens and adults
- Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer
- Bone Health and Fragility
- Bone Infection Care
- Foot and Ankle Care
- Fracture Care
- Hand and Wrist Care
- Hip Care
- Knee Care
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Care
- Shoulder and Elbow Care
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Our Team
- Patient Stories
- Second Opinions for Orthopaedic Care
- Locations and Contact Information
- Hear Our Experts
- View Videos About Orthopaedic Injury Prevention and Treatment