The Adult Psychiatry Section provides inpatient and outpatient services to individuals suffering from a wide range of psychiatric disorders.
The outpatient program includes individual, group and family therapy as well as the following specific clinics:
- Adult mental retardation
- Affective disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer: Supportive Oncology
- Sleep disorders
Other subspecialties include phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and eating disorders.
The inpatient program includes treatment for:
- The Affective Disorder/Character Disorder
- The Neuropsychiatry Service--focusing on patients with psychiatric symptoms associated with lesions or dysfunctions of the brain
- Patients with psychiatric disorders and significant medical problems
The outpatient program is located on the University of Chicago Medicine campus.
The inpatient program is located at:
Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
2525 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616
- Adult Psychiatry
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry