Communicate with Family and Friends through a Free Personalized Patient Website
The University of Chicago Medicine has teamed up with CaringBridge.org to offer patients a free and simple way to communicate with family and friends during hospitalization, treatment and recovery. Patients can create a secure, personalized CaringBridge website that includes the following:
- A patient care journal to update family and friends
- A guestbook where visitors can post messages
- A photo gallery with slide show functionality
- Mobile access: View and update a CaringBridge site using an Android phone, iPhone or another Web-enabled smartphone. Friends and family members can also sign up to receive text message journal notifications to their phone.
- Facebook Connect: Log in with your Facebook account, add a link to your Facebook page from your CaringBridge site or post journal notifications to Facebook. You decide if you want to link the two accounts.
- Free online support
Video: Learn More About CaringBridge
Disclaimer: At no time does the University of Chicago Medicine provide any patient information for the purposes of this service.