Guest Services Ambassadors
Whether you’re a patient, family member or visitor, the moment you enter the University of Chicago Medicine, you’re surrounded by staff members who care about your comfort. As team members in a customer service-oriented program, our guest services ambassadors are well trained to assist you with directions and transportation options. They are also a helpful source for general information.
You'll recognize our ambassador team by the red vests or jackets they wear. Ambassadors are conveniently positioned in multiple areas of the UChicago Medicine campus, including the Center for Care and Discovery, the Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine, Adult Emergency Department, Pediatric Emergency Department, Patient Discharge, Bernard Mitchell Hospital, and the Brain Research Building. At the entryway of each location, you'll find an ambassador waiting to greet you with a smile.
Ambassadors provide all of the following services as needed:
- Meeting and greeting patients, families, visitors and staff members
- Arranging wheelchair assistance for patients, family members and visitors
- Arranging courtesy transportation for patients, family members and visitors
- Providing helpful directions to any patient service location on campus or off-site, in addition to other locations around the medical campus
- Contacting taxis and medical cab transportation
- Providing patient location information and appointment verification
- Supporting valet parking services at the main entrances (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Supporting our Admissions, Perioperative and Patient and Family Insights departments
- Offering information on lodging, local restaurants, shopping and attractions